24 August 2009

Break is Over

Ok, I figured it was time for an update. Life took an unusual turn at the end of Spring this year. Crispin has taken up a lot of my Summer, concentrating on just getting the job done each day and making sure our customers are happy. Being so focused on work this summer, I haven't had the motivation to do anything crafty, at all. Close To My Heart and scrapbooking had to take a backseat to Crispin for a while, and I think it was all for the best. A couple of weeks ago, I finally got some motivation, pulled myself together and made a whole bunch of cards. I also took some layouts I had created last Fall and added pictures to them. Thankfully, scrapbooking is soothing again. I have been playing with a bunch of the papers and stamps from the Summer and Fall catalogs and am excited about it again!

On September 1st, I'm hosting a Close To My Heart Open House. I'll have some of the new papers from the Fall catalog and a bunch of the new paper from the Summer catalog, as well! I'll also be posting about a workshop I'll be hosting after the Open House. Sign up for it at the Open House and get a ticket to a drawing for a Tickled Pink Set!

In other news, I somehow got myself into running my first 5K in October. My brother, his new girlfriend, my parents and I are all going to participate in it. It's the Ocean Isle Oyster Festival 5K. We run, then we eat oysters and drink beer. Sounds like a good day to me...I just hope I can run the whole 5K! My parents are going to walk it and my brother and his girlfriend (both tri-athletes) will probably sprint it. :) It should be fun no matter what.

In April, I left my camera (my most favorite camera ever) in a cab in New York City. As soon as I can buy a new one, I will take pictures of my new cards and layouts!!


Oh..and those coaster boxes?? I sold 5 of them (all I took with me) at a craft fair I did in April. I was so proud! I sold a ton of stuff that I had made and was so very, very proud of. It was a great weekend.

No comments:

24 August 2009

Break is Over

Ok, I figured it was time for an update. Life took an unusual turn at the end of Spring this year. Crispin has taken up a lot of my Summer, concentrating on just getting the job done each day and making sure our customers are happy. Being so focused on work this summer, I haven't had the motivation to do anything crafty, at all. Close To My Heart and scrapbooking had to take a backseat to Crispin for a while, and I think it was all for the best. A couple of weeks ago, I finally got some motivation, pulled myself together and made a whole bunch of cards. I also took some layouts I had created last Fall and added pictures to them. Thankfully, scrapbooking is soothing again. I have been playing with a bunch of the papers and stamps from the Summer and Fall catalogs and am excited about it again!

On September 1st, I'm hosting a Close To My Heart Open House. I'll have some of the new papers from the Fall catalog and a bunch of the new paper from the Summer catalog, as well! I'll also be posting about a workshop I'll be hosting after the Open House. Sign up for it at the Open House and get a ticket to a drawing for a Tickled Pink Set!

In other news, I somehow got myself into running my first 5K in October. My brother, his new girlfriend, my parents and I are all going to participate in it. It's the Ocean Isle Oyster Festival 5K. We run, then we eat oysters and drink beer. Sounds like a good day to me...I just hope I can run the whole 5K! My parents are going to walk it and my brother and his girlfriend (both tri-athletes) will probably sprint it. :) It should be fun no matter what.

In April, I left my camera (my most favorite camera ever) in a cab in New York City. As soon as I can buy a new one, I will take pictures of my new cards and layouts!!


Oh..and those coaster boxes?? I sold 5 of them (all I took with me) at a craft fair I did in April. I was so proud! I sold a ton of stuff that I had made and was so very, very proud of. It was a great weekend.

No comments: