We have been doing some serious wedding planning this weekend. Dan and I came to visit my Mom and Dad to see the Chapel, the Reception Site, the Caterer, the Photographer and perhaps a DJ. We also had to discuss the budget for the wedding with Mom and Dad. We sorted out who will pay for what so now Dan and I feel a little better about the whole ordeal.
I am going to plan on making my own wedding invitations and table place cards. I think our colors are going to be royal blue, orange and red. I'm really looking forward to seeing the whole event start to come together.
Today, when Mom was on the phone with my Gram, I heard her discussing the wedding plans. She told her that we are not planning on inviting children to the wedding (other than Dan's nephews.) Since she mentioned that to my Gram, I now know that I will not have to tell my cousins. They should know in about...10 minutes after Mom gets off the phone with my Gram. She's the family gossip. :) Works for us! Anyways, Mom tells Gram that we're each only having one person stand up for us - a Matron of Honor and a Best Man. Mom called it the "Anit-Southern" Wedding. I love it! In the south, especially in the summer, you see all of these announcements about southern belles getting married and their 18 attendants. Thus why our wedding is the anti-southern belle wedding.
More to come soon!
Reading, eating, playing and crafting my way through 2011.
13 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 February 2010
The "Anti-Southern" Wedding
We have been doing some serious wedding planning this weekend. Dan and I came to visit my Mom and Dad to see the Chapel, the Reception Site, the Caterer, the Photographer and perhaps a DJ. We also had to discuss the budget for the wedding with Mom and Dad. We sorted out who will pay for what so now Dan and I feel a little better about the whole ordeal.
I am going to plan on making my own wedding invitations and table place cards. I think our colors are going to be royal blue, orange and red. I'm really looking forward to seeing the whole event start to come together.
Today, when Mom was on the phone with my Gram, I heard her discussing the wedding plans. She told her that we are not planning on inviting children to the wedding (other than Dan's nephews.) Since she mentioned that to my Gram, I now know that I will not have to tell my cousins. They should know in about...10 minutes after Mom gets off the phone with my Gram. She's the family gossip. :) Works for us! Anyways, Mom tells Gram that we're each only having one person stand up for us - a Matron of Honor and a Best Man. Mom called it the "Anit-Southern" Wedding. I love it! In the south, especially in the summer, you see all of these announcements about southern belles getting married and their 18 attendants. Thus why our wedding is the anti-southern belle wedding.
More to come soon!
I am going to plan on making my own wedding invitations and table place cards. I think our colors are going to be royal blue, orange and red. I'm really looking forward to seeing the whole event start to come together.
Today, when Mom was on the phone with my Gram, I heard her discussing the wedding plans. She told her that we are not planning on inviting children to the wedding (other than Dan's nephews.) Since she mentioned that to my Gram, I now know that I will not have to tell my cousins. They should know in about...10 minutes after Mom gets off the phone with my Gram. She's the family gossip. :) Works for us! Anyways, Mom tells Gram that we're each only having one person stand up for us - a Matron of Honor and a Best Man. Mom called it the "Anit-Southern" Wedding. I love it! In the south, especially in the summer, you see all of these announcements about southern belles getting married and their 18 attendants. Thus why our wedding is the anti-southern belle wedding.
More to come soon!
3 comments:
- Stephanie said...
-
Can't wait to see it all come together. If you need help, yell.
-
February 14, 2010 at 6:57 PM
- Kellei said...
-
Love it! :P
-
February 22, 2010 at 10:41 AM
- Unknown said...
-
I'm behind, but i loved this post. haha I can only imagine what grandma had to say about not inviting the children.
I wouldn't want them at my wedding either. I remember how I used to be, and wouldn't want to deal with that haha.
erin would be quick to point out when i slipped coming into marc and jill's wedding and cried. -
March 15, 2010 at 5:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Can't wait to see it all come together. If you need help, yell.
Love it! :P
I'm behind, but i loved this post. haha I can only imagine what grandma had to say about not inviting the children.
I wouldn't want them at my wedding either. I remember how I used to be, and wouldn't want to deal with that haha.
erin would be quick to point out when i slipped coming into marc and jill's wedding and cried.
Post a Comment