Things were going so well…
After Dan and I got engaged, we started off extremely strong out of the gate. We knew where we wanted to get married and what month we would like to get married in before we were engaged. We started our planning the moment the ring was on the finger – and I went out and got the bridal magazine out of the car that I had been waiting to read for a week or two.
I contacted the caterer at The Members Club at St James Plantation as soon as I could. We started thinking about October 23rd for our date but since that date was already booked at The Members Club, we settled on October 16th which sounds like a lovely day to get married! We went down and visited St James two weekends later and fell in love with the ballroom. It is just perfect for our little wedding of 80 people. We visited the Chapel, as well and that will work just fine – even though the occupancy statement on the wall says 76 people. We’ll make it work. We also decided to have a picnic for our rehearsal dinner at Waterway Park – also in St James. The best thing about all of these venues in St James is Dan and I get the room fee either waived or drastically reduced. Woohoo!
When we went home that weekend, we knew what we wanted which made us both give a big sigh of relief. My Dad took over duties of booking all of these places and had that completed in 2 days. Dad has been a trooper through this whole thing, I already cannot thank both my Mom and Dad for everything they have done for us so far – and we’re only a month and a few days into the planning process.
Next Step – Dress Shopping.
To be continued….
No comments:
Post a Comment