09 June 2010

I Can Grow Stuff! Part 2.

Other things planted this Spring - Grasses!  We sort of forgot to read the instructions on these and sort of forgot that they get REALLY REALLY BIG.  So, right now they're all hanging out in these squares we set up for them on the back corners of our yard.  The green grasses have tripled in size since we planted them just 3 months ago.  Insanity!

We planted these bushes last Fall as a "natural fence."  Our neighborhood association states that if you put up a fence, you have to put up a 5' Privacy Wood Fence.  Um....we back to woods, why would we want to hide that with a fence?  I guess some people would want to - like my neighbors - but not us.  Someday if we can convince them on a different type of fence, maybe but not yet.  So, we planted "fast growing" bushes and evergreens.  I love these plants.  Less than one year in and...they're off!  Grow baby, grow!

Moving on to the front yard.  I have never seen a more beautiful Daylily, have you?


And then, there's our tree.  Our lovely Red Bud.  We wanted a small tree for the front corner of our garden area.  It had to be a slow growing small tree and the Red Bud met our needs.  When we bought it, it was a half dead looking stick.  Literally!  A stick!  You see it's still attached to the stick it came with.  The trunk is still smaller than the stick.  Cracks me up.  Check out those woods behind our house, too!  I love our house.


Homeownership.  

Not always the best of days; but when you see things you've put your sweat, blood and achy muscles into growing thick and lush, it makes it all better.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

can you get me a clump of that awesome daylilly once it's big enough to divide? :) love you!

09 June 2010

I Can Grow Stuff! Part 2.

Other things planted this Spring - Grasses!  We sort of forgot to read the instructions on these and sort of forgot that they get REALLY REALLY BIG.  So, right now they're all hanging out in these squares we set up for them on the back corners of our yard.  The green grasses have tripled in size since we planted them just 3 months ago.  Insanity!

We planted these bushes last Fall as a "natural fence."  Our neighborhood association states that if you put up a fence, you have to put up a 5' Privacy Wood Fence.  Um....we back to woods, why would we want to hide that with a fence?  I guess some people would want to - like my neighbors - but not us.  Someday if we can convince them on a different type of fence, maybe but not yet.  So, we planted "fast growing" bushes and evergreens.  I love these plants.  Less than one year in and...they're off!  Grow baby, grow!

Moving on to the front yard.  I have never seen a more beautiful Daylily, have you?


And then, there's our tree.  Our lovely Red Bud.  We wanted a small tree for the front corner of our garden area.  It had to be a slow growing small tree and the Red Bud met our needs.  When we bought it, it was a half dead looking stick.  Literally!  A stick!  You see it's still attached to the stick it came with.  The trunk is still smaller than the stick.  Cracks me up.  Check out those woods behind our house, too!  I love our house.


Homeownership.  

Not always the best of days; but when you see things you've put your sweat, blood and achy muscles into growing thick and lush, it makes it all better.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

can you get me a clump of that awesome daylilly once it's big enough to divide? :) love you!