16 June 2010

Shoes, Glorious Shoes

When I started thinking about this blog post, I started singing Oliver's "Food, Glorious Food" replacing Food with Shoes.  Yup.

My best friend and Maid of Honor, Lauren and I are both huge fans of the color orange.  As it is my favorite color, I wanted to incorporate it into the wedding as much as possible without being...over the top.  We're going with a beach theme for the wedding since we are getting married down by the coast.  Beach theme means using a lot of blues and whites.  Well, I wanted to offset all of that with a little bit of orange.  To do that, we're going with orange flowers and, if we can find the right ones, orange shoes.

I am not a 'brand' girl.  I don't care if the shoes are Manola or Mootsie Tootsie.  I just care that they're a reasonable price (so Lauren doesn't have to go into debt for my wedding) and comfortable enough to stand in front of 80 of my closest friends and family for 30 minutes.  After that...buh bye shoes, hello flip flops!
Here is a little bit of inspiration that we've come up with so far regarding Shoes, Glorious Shoes.



I know I threw that random blue one in there but I like that style - low heel, minimal design, comfortable.

2 comments:

Just Jen said...

I really like the bottom left one. SO fun and unique. I wish I had a use for them so I could buy them LOL

purpledaisycrafts said...

I like the top right shoe very cute!

16 June 2010

Shoes, Glorious Shoes

When I started thinking about this blog post, I started singing Oliver's "Food, Glorious Food" replacing Food with Shoes.  Yup.

My best friend and Maid of Honor, Lauren and I are both huge fans of the color orange.  As it is my favorite color, I wanted to incorporate it into the wedding as much as possible without being...over the top.  We're going with a beach theme for the wedding since we are getting married down by the coast.  Beach theme means using a lot of blues and whites.  Well, I wanted to offset all of that with a little bit of orange.  To do that, we're going with orange flowers and, if we can find the right ones, orange shoes.

I am not a 'brand' girl.  I don't care if the shoes are Manola or Mootsie Tootsie.  I just care that they're a reasonable price (so Lauren doesn't have to go into debt for my wedding) and comfortable enough to stand in front of 80 of my closest friends and family for 30 minutes.  After that...buh bye shoes, hello flip flops!
Here is a little bit of inspiration that we've come up with so far regarding Shoes, Glorious Shoes.



I know I threw that random blue one in there but I like that style - low heel, minimal design, comfortable.

2 comments:

Just Jen said...

I really like the bottom left one. SO fun and unique. I wish I had a use for them so I could buy them LOL

purpledaisycrafts said...

I like the top right shoe very cute!