23 August 2010

Better Late than Never...

...the post about New Orleans.



We had so much fun in New Orleans!  Yes, this was back in June and I'm finally writing about it but my head is clear right now so I'm comfortable doing so.  :)

Dan and I arrived in New Orleans around Noon on Friday.  We wanted to do a little sightseeing before family time started so, we headed down to the French Market.  Along the way, we passed by some amazing architecture, fun alleyways and came to Jackson Square.


Yes, please, I'd like to live here:

How cool is this tree??  I want to climb it, oh yes I do.


Jackson Square.

And of course, beyond Jackson Square was the one and only reason to come to New Orleans.   ...kidding.  Sort of.  Hello, Cafe Du Monde.  Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum.  Yes, we sat down on a 97 degree day with probably 90% humidity and had coffee and beignets.  Oh yes, we did.


After all the excitement in the French Quarter, we got called to have some 'family time'.  So, we headed over to a bar to spend some time with my parents and a couple of my Aunts and Uncles.  After that, we headed over to the famous Columns Hotel and Restaurant for Drew's Rehearsal Dinner.




And then the fun really began....my Aunts, Uncles, Dan and I all piled into a cab (car-sized, mind you) to head down to Bourbon Street.....

That's Dan....over there on the right....wondering just what he's getting into marrying into this family.....



We're definitely getting to the end of the night here.  


On Saturday, Dan and I met up with my parents for some touring New Orleans again.  I just love this picture of the three of them.  I have no clue what they are talking about, doing, etc, but it made me laugh.



That's it for now, I'll hopefully remember to post the rest of the trip before December!!  

No comments:

23 August 2010

Better Late than Never...

...the post about New Orleans.



We had so much fun in New Orleans!  Yes, this was back in June and I'm finally writing about it but my head is clear right now so I'm comfortable doing so.  :)

Dan and I arrived in New Orleans around Noon on Friday.  We wanted to do a little sightseeing before family time started so, we headed down to the French Market.  Along the way, we passed by some amazing architecture, fun alleyways and came to Jackson Square.


Yes, please, I'd like to live here:

How cool is this tree??  I want to climb it, oh yes I do.


Jackson Square.

And of course, beyond Jackson Square was the one and only reason to come to New Orleans.   ...kidding.  Sort of.  Hello, Cafe Du Monde.  Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum.  Yes, we sat down on a 97 degree day with probably 90% humidity and had coffee and beignets.  Oh yes, we did.


After all the excitement in the French Quarter, we got called to have some 'family time'.  So, we headed over to a bar to spend some time with my parents and a couple of my Aunts and Uncles.  After that, we headed over to the famous Columns Hotel and Restaurant for Drew's Rehearsal Dinner.




And then the fun really began....my Aunts, Uncles, Dan and I all piled into a cab (car-sized, mind you) to head down to Bourbon Street.....

That's Dan....over there on the right....wondering just what he's getting into marrying into this family.....



We're definitely getting to the end of the night here.  


On Saturday, Dan and I met up with my parents for some touring New Orleans again.  I just love this picture of the three of them.  I have no clue what they are talking about, doing, etc, but it made me laugh.



That's it for now, I'll hopefully remember to post the rest of the trip before December!!  

No comments: