Last weekend was great. It was Easter weekend and we spent it at my parent's place in Southport. We drove in Saturday morning because we were both running behind on errands (hair cuts, oil change and clothing needs.) We got there and about 10 minutes later, we were off to the Southport Spring Festival. This is always fun. They have a Chili Cook-Off and tons of vendors. I actually had a booth there last year but decided this year was just a bit too hectic to do it again.
When we got back to the house, I look at Dan and his forehead is burnt. BURNT! My Mom finds it hilarious for some reason that I looked at him and hollered, "You Got Burnt! Why did you burn? How could you let this happen?" We were in Southport for all of 2 hours tops, maybe? And most of that time was under oak trees.
Why was I so upset? We were getting our engagement photos taken in oh...about 2 hours. So, he looks in the mirror, apologizes to me and then Mom starts Googling how to take the red out of a sunburn...while she laughs. The best thing she came across - put potato slices on your burn. Really? Potato slices?? Well, too bad we don't have any!! I made him take a cold shower (I know, I'm mean) and then made him put about a half gallon of lotion on his forehead to make sure it didn't get worse! Seriously, we were in the sun for all of an hour maybe? He should be Mr. 80 SPF Wearer, but always seems to forget about that. I didn't make him wear make-up, but I threatened him with it! In the end, I have seen one of the pictures so far and it doesn't look that bad. Yes, I can look back and laugh at myself now ... getting mad at a sunburn.
Anyways, we got our pictures taken that afternoon/evening. It was great because we were able to use the Southport Community Building as our backdrop! I may not be able to get married there, but we got pictures there. Woohoo! We also took some on the beach. I cannot wait to see how these turned out. I know the first half of the shoot, we were both super awkward but it got better when we got to the beach. My parents even brought the dogs down for a few.
Sunday we went to my parents friends house for Easter dinner, ate lamb for the first time ever and we were home by 9pm. So glad to be home!!
Reading, eating, playing and crafting my way through 2011.
09 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
09 April 2010
Easter Weekend
Last weekend was great. It was Easter weekend and we spent it at my parent's place in Southport. We drove in Saturday morning because we were both running behind on errands (hair cuts, oil change and clothing needs.) We got there and about 10 minutes later, we were off to the Southport Spring Festival. This is always fun. They have a Chili Cook-Off and tons of vendors. I actually had a booth there last year but decided this year was just a bit too hectic to do it again.
When we got back to the house, I look at Dan and his forehead is burnt. BURNT! My Mom finds it hilarious for some reason that I looked at him and hollered, "You Got Burnt! Why did you burn? How could you let this happen?" We were in Southport for all of 2 hours tops, maybe? And most of that time was under oak trees.
Why was I so upset? We were getting our engagement photos taken in oh...about 2 hours. So, he looks in the mirror, apologizes to me and then Mom starts Googling how to take the red out of a sunburn...while she laughs. The best thing she came across - put potato slices on your burn. Really? Potato slices?? Well, too bad we don't have any!! I made him take a cold shower (I know, I'm mean) and then made him put about a half gallon of lotion on his forehead to make sure it didn't get worse! Seriously, we were in the sun for all of an hour maybe? He should be Mr. 80 SPF Wearer, but always seems to forget about that. I didn't make him wear make-up, but I threatened him with it! In the end, I have seen one of the pictures so far and it doesn't look that bad. Yes, I can look back and laugh at myself now ... getting mad at a sunburn.
Anyways, we got our pictures taken that afternoon/evening. It was great because we were able to use the Southport Community Building as our backdrop! I may not be able to get married there, but we got pictures there. Woohoo! We also took some on the beach. I cannot wait to see how these turned out. I know the first half of the shoot, we were both super awkward but it got better when we got to the beach. My parents even brought the dogs down for a few.
Sunday we went to my parents friends house for Easter dinner, ate lamb for the first time ever and we were home by 9pm. So glad to be home!!
When we got back to the house, I look at Dan and his forehead is burnt. BURNT! My Mom finds it hilarious for some reason that I looked at him and hollered, "You Got Burnt! Why did you burn? How could you let this happen?" We were in Southport for all of 2 hours tops, maybe? And most of that time was under oak trees.
Why was I so upset? We were getting our engagement photos taken in oh...about 2 hours. So, he looks in the mirror, apologizes to me and then Mom starts Googling how to take the red out of a sunburn...while she laughs. The best thing she came across - put potato slices on your burn. Really? Potato slices?? Well, too bad we don't have any!! I made him take a cold shower (I know, I'm mean) and then made him put about a half gallon of lotion on his forehead to make sure it didn't get worse! Seriously, we were in the sun for all of an hour maybe? He should be Mr. 80 SPF Wearer, but always seems to forget about that. I didn't make him wear make-up, but I threatened him with it! In the end, I have seen one of the pictures so far and it doesn't look that bad. Yes, I can look back and laugh at myself now ... getting mad at a sunburn.
Anyways, we got our pictures taken that afternoon/evening. It was great because we were able to use the Southport Community Building as our backdrop! I may not be able to get married there, but we got pictures there. Woohoo! We also took some on the beach. I cannot wait to see how these turned out. I know the first half of the shoot, we were both super awkward but it got better when we got to the beach. My parents even brought the dogs down for a few.
Sunday we went to my parents friends house for Easter dinner, ate lamb for the first time ever and we were home by 9pm. So glad to be home!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment