23 April 2010

Wedding Planning - What's Next?

So much has been accomplished with 6 months to go that I'm starting to worry that I'm missing something!  This week we took one big item off the list - we booked our honeymoon!  We're going on a 10-Day Cruise through the Eastern Caribbean on the Emerald Princess.



This trip is going to be amazing!!  It will be our first vacation together in over 6 years so we are both really looking forward to it.  We booked a balcony cabin - a bit of a splurge for this one big vacation.

Other than that, the wedding planning seems to have come to a screeching halt.  I am by no means complaining, though.  We have taken care of a lot of the 'big' stuff, so now we have to make sure we concentrate on some of the 'little' stuff.  And by little stuff, I may be minimizing....I'm currently stressing about our invitations.

I have had so many friends offer to help, but we also are lucky enough to have an artist in the family.  Dan's sister has taken on the enormous challenge of trying to put together invitations that will be both elegant and include our theme in them; as well as make me happy.  Once those are done, I plan on making our table numbers and reception cards.  Those will be the easy part!

Another fun event to look forward to - in May we're going to taste the dinner options!  If there is anything better than a cake tasting - it's a full meal tasting!  At least that won't leave us with a sugar high like the cake tasting did.  :)

No comments:

23 April 2010

Wedding Planning - What's Next?

So much has been accomplished with 6 months to go that I'm starting to worry that I'm missing something!  This week we took one big item off the list - we booked our honeymoon!  We're going on a 10-Day Cruise through the Eastern Caribbean on the Emerald Princess.



This trip is going to be amazing!!  It will be our first vacation together in over 6 years so we are both really looking forward to it.  We booked a balcony cabin - a bit of a splurge for this one big vacation.

Other than that, the wedding planning seems to have come to a screeching halt.  I am by no means complaining, though.  We have taken care of a lot of the 'big' stuff, so now we have to make sure we concentrate on some of the 'little' stuff.  And by little stuff, I may be minimizing....I'm currently stressing about our invitations.

I have had so many friends offer to help, but we also are lucky enough to have an artist in the family.  Dan's sister has taken on the enormous challenge of trying to put together invitations that will be both elegant and include our theme in them; as well as make me happy.  Once those are done, I plan on making our table numbers and reception cards.  Those will be the easy part!

Another fun event to look forward to - in May we're going to taste the dinner options!  If there is anything better than a cake tasting - it's a full meal tasting!  At least that won't leave us with a sugar high like the cake tasting did.  :)

No comments: