02 April 2010

The Wedding Ceremony

Once again I am amazed at how much goes into wedding planning.  Now that the major items are taken care of, I can start thinking about things no one really talks about - such as the Ceremony.  This very important part of the wedding seems to be almost trivialized when it comes to all of the other planning.

Today I started doing some research and am just overwhelmed with details of how we want our ceremony to go.  We were both raised in the Catholic church and both still have that faith very well secured in our minds.  Even though we were raised Catholic, we are not getting married in the Catholic church.  The Catholic church mandates that you are a parishioner for at least 6 months before your wedding.  We don't feel comfortable with any of the churches in our area yet, so we are not ready to make that leap.  We figure we have plenty of time after we are married to find a church that we feel we are comfortable in.

We are getting married in the non-affiliated chapel in St James.  We are getting married by Tim, the golf pro at one of The Club's at St James, who just happens to be a Minister.  He is a very nice man who everyone in St James just gushes over.  I'm sure all of the Mom's there would LOVE for him to meet their single daughters.  :)  Anyways, Tim sent us a copy of the latest ceremony that he performed and that is what got me started on this.  His ceremony is definitely different than what I had expected.  Thankfully, he is willing to change, remove or add anything to make us happy.  I think this will definitely take some serious time to go over, but we will eventually find a good mix of Catholic wording, tradition and personalization for our ceremony.

No comments:

02 April 2010

The Wedding Ceremony

Once again I am amazed at how much goes into wedding planning.  Now that the major items are taken care of, I can start thinking about things no one really talks about - such as the Ceremony.  This very important part of the wedding seems to be almost trivialized when it comes to all of the other planning.

Today I started doing some research and am just overwhelmed with details of how we want our ceremony to go.  We were both raised in the Catholic church and both still have that faith very well secured in our minds.  Even though we were raised Catholic, we are not getting married in the Catholic church.  The Catholic church mandates that you are a parishioner for at least 6 months before your wedding.  We don't feel comfortable with any of the churches in our area yet, so we are not ready to make that leap.  We figure we have plenty of time after we are married to find a church that we feel we are comfortable in.

We are getting married in the non-affiliated chapel in St James.  We are getting married by Tim, the golf pro at one of The Club's at St James, who just happens to be a Minister.  He is a very nice man who everyone in St James just gushes over.  I'm sure all of the Mom's there would LOVE for him to meet their single daughters.  :)  Anyways, Tim sent us a copy of the latest ceremony that he performed and that is what got me started on this.  His ceremony is definitely different than what I had expected.  Thankfully, he is willing to change, remove or add anything to make us happy.  I think this will definitely take some serious time to go over, but we will eventually find a good mix of Catholic wording, tradition and personalization for our ceremony.

No comments: