One Hundred Days?
Just 100 days until we are married?
Well, instead of freaking out, I thought I would make a list of all of the things we have accomplished since we got engaged January 30th 2010.
- We immediately booked the Reception site. I had known since my parents moved to Southport that I wanted to get married there. We decided on St James Plantation because of our bad luck (if we had it outdoors, it would rain) and because the reception site at The Members Club is just amazing.
- We decided on a date after Brandee at The Members Club couldn't make it work on our date. So, we backed it up a week to the 16th of October. So happy we did that.
- I found a dress! ...then I lost it. But then I found THE dress! So, all is well. Ordered the dress in March. It should come in this month!
This is not MY dress. This is the dress that was GOING to be THE dress. Until it wasn't.
Honestly, I couldn't be happier that this dress wasn't meant to be. Mostly because I have seen SO MANY brides in this dress or a dress like this dress since I have been following wedding blogs! I have seen no one in MY dress...not that that matters or anything... :)
- We found Lauren's MOH dress! I love this dress and the color. The color has been the inspiration for everything else in the wedding.
- We found photographers! OH the struggle I went through with this process. In the end, I could not have been happier. Matt and Leslie of Elizabeth Scott Photography are just wonderful. We took Engagement Photos.
Photos in collage by Elizabeth Scott Photography
Dan and I and our families and friends absolutely adore the engagement photos. We're not the most photogenic people on earth but Matt and Leslie did an awesome job!! They're not just great photographers, they're great people, as well.
- After a bit of a struggle, we ordered our invitations. OhMyGosh I am in love with our invitations! I don't want to spoil the surprise for any of our guests, so I won't post them here, but I have to say....they're so pretty! They have a theme and some color. They're very much...perfect... for our wedding. :)
- We are planning our "Southern BBQ" in place of a Rehearsal Dinner. Yes, we're doing a rehearsal, but no, we're not doing a formal sit down dinner. We're going to have a picnic in a park. And it's going to be fabulous. This is the Pavilion which will NOT have snow on it or near it or anywhere in the vicinity on October 16th. This snow was obviously a freak accident:
- I have obsessed on wedding blogs. Oh, how I love thee Google Reader. Best invention for obsessive brides yet.
- I have overused Google Docs. Dan might have called me crazy but if there is one thing I have been through this whole process, it is organized. Yes, I have a lot of ideas and thoughts and plans, but they're all well documented and organized. And it helps everyone because I can keep my spreadsheets accessible for all to see on any computer.
- We tasted our entrees. One word. Yum.
- I wrote our ceremony. That was difficult. We are both Catholic, yet not getting married in a Catholic Church and don't want to include too much religion in our ceremony. Our officiant sent us his sample ceremony and it was OFF THE WALL religious! That is perfectly fine, but we find ourselves to be a little more quiet with our religous beliefs. Thankfully, Tim (our officiant) is willing to change the ceremony to our liking. We will have two very beautiful readings, which are both from novels of course and we will be saying the Lord's Prayer. It is a simple ceremony, but includes everything we find important to us.
- We've done other things but...those are the big stand outs. :)
In the next 100 days, I want to do the following:
- I want to stay organized.
- I will continue to get things done ahead of 'schedule.'
- I will try my best not to drive Dan absolutely bonkers with my wedding obsession.
- We will continue to love one another and support each other's ideas as we move closer and closer to our wedding day.
- We will be showered! My Aunt Patti and my Mom's friend Mary are BOTH hosting showers for us. Mary's shower is in St James Plantation on July 26th. Aunt Patti's shower is in August and Dan gets to come to that one! (he is thrilled...)
- We will make goodie bags for our out of town guests which will definitely include these:

- We will find lots of fun music to play during the reception!
- We will wrap, stuff, seal and mail our invitations
- We... (eh hem...) I will work on lots of DIY projects for the wedding. "I" because I'm a bit type A about these things and will probably use Dan to just do something like 'hold your finger here' while I tie this bow.
- We will have fun and enjoy this process and most important of all...in 100 days...
We Will Be Married!!!!!!!!!



5 comments:
Yay! I think you are doing great with 100 days to go!
You have done a lot! Great blog post. :)
I, for one, am super excited! Everything looks awesome!
Firstly, thank you so much for the kind words! Made my night :) Secondly, I love the comprehensive update! I wish all my brides blogged about their wedding. I so love keeping up with all the plans! Good luck in your final stretch!! :)
Great post! I love the recap. Makes me realize how far I have to go myself!
Post a Comment