27 March 2010

Our Ceremony and Reception Sites

I probably have mentioned these things before, but I wanted to post some pictures to go along with our places. We are getting married inside St James Plantation, where my parents live. They moved there just over 5 years ago now and since the first time I visited, I knew I wanted to use their chapel as our ceremony site. It's small and stark inside but I think once we fill it up with our friends and family, it will be perfect. The sign on the wall says occupancy 78. We might squeeze past that by a few, but I think it's still going to be just perfect.

We visited my parents on a random snowy weekend so the pictures aren't the best due to the snow. We still really enjoyed seeing our sites.


Outside:
Photobucket

View as you walk in:
Photobucket

View from where we will be standing:
Photobucket


We're having our reception at The Members Club. I didn't really know what we wanted to do until we spoke to the catering manager at the club, Brandee, who was so helpful. Apparently my parents have a reputation in the community (everyone knows and seems to love them) so she told me that even if we decided not to use The Members Club, she would help us out. So nice! Anyways, the weekend we visited, a couple was getting married there, so we got to see it set up for a wedding. This was for a wedding of just 56 people.


Front Entrance:
Photobucket


The ballroom is straight back as you enter the club. The bride for this wedding brought these umbrellas back from Bali, where her family is from.  I felt so bad for her - Brandee said her family had never seen snow before.  I am sure they were a bit shocked by it here!
Photobucket

This is what our guests will see when they walk into the ballroom. We are going to center our dance floor like this, as well. We LOVE the lights on the ceiling and the fireplace - makes it so cozy!!
Photobucket


There is a deck that spans the whole back of the club. From the back, you have a view of the 18th green. Hopefully in October, there won't be snow on the ground... :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


These are the stairs down the back of the ballroom. We will probably exit this way:
Photobucket


Finally, this is where we plan to take our photos after the ceremony with our bridal party and families. This is waterway park, which is also in St James and just a short drive away from both the ceremony and reception sites.

Photobucket

(It was REALLY freaking sunny....)
Photobucket

(...and cold. Plus, Mom's probably going to want me to remove this picture...) :)
Photobucket

No comments:

27 March 2010

Our Ceremony and Reception Sites

I probably have mentioned these things before, but I wanted to post some pictures to go along with our places. We are getting married inside St James Plantation, where my parents live. They moved there just over 5 years ago now and since the first time I visited, I knew I wanted to use their chapel as our ceremony site. It's small and stark inside but I think once we fill it up with our friends and family, it will be perfect. The sign on the wall says occupancy 78. We might squeeze past that by a few, but I think it's still going to be just perfect.

We visited my parents on a random snowy weekend so the pictures aren't the best due to the snow. We still really enjoyed seeing our sites.


Outside:
Photobucket

View as you walk in:
Photobucket

View from where we will be standing:
Photobucket


We're having our reception at The Members Club. I didn't really know what we wanted to do until we spoke to the catering manager at the club, Brandee, who was so helpful. Apparently my parents have a reputation in the community (everyone knows and seems to love them) so she told me that even if we decided not to use The Members Club, she would help us out. So nice! Anyways, the weekend we visited, a couple was getting married there, so we got to see it set up for a wedding. This was for a wedding of just 56 people.


Front Entrance:
Photobucket


The ballroom is straight back as you enter the club. The bride for this wedding brought these umbrellas back from Bali, where her family is from.  I felt so bad for her - Brandee said her family had never seen snow before.  I am sure they were a bit shocked by it here!
Photobucket

This is what our guests will see when they walk into the ballroom. We are going to center our dance floor like this, as well. We LOVE the lights on the ceiling and the fireplace - makes it so cozy!!
Photobucket


There is a deck that spans the whole back of the club. From the back, you have a view of the 18th green. Hopefully in October, there won't be snow on the ground... :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


These are the stairs down the back of the ballroom. We will probably exit this way:
Photobucket


Finally, this is where we plan to take our photos after the ceremony with our bridal party and families. This is waterway park, which is also in St James and just a short drive away from both the ceremony and reception sites.

Photobucket

(It was REALLY freaking sunny....)
Photobucket

(...and cold. Plus, Mom's probably going to want me to remove this picture...) :)
Photobucket

No comments: