24 November 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year, Dan and I will be celebrating Thanksgiving as Newlyweds.  We are going to have the whole Thanksgiving dinner including turkey, potatoes, green beans, PIE and stuffing just the two of us.  We'll celebrate being newly married and think of all of the wonderful things we have to be thankful for this year.



There is just so much to give thanks for.

I have a new family.  I'm so thankful to marry a man with two sisters.  I never had a sister before and by marrying Dan, I got two.  I also got four nephews.  Instant extended family.  I love that!

Dan and me with Devin, Beth and Kerry


I'm thankful for my family.

For my Mom for all she did for me all year long getting ready for our wedding. I already blogged about her, so I won't drone on about that again.  I will say that I think it's amazing that she spent the two hours after helping me get ready and before we had to get to the chapel running around Southport looking for different flowers to replace the DEAD UGLY DRIED roses our (insert insult here) florist put in our centerpieces.  Seriously, two hours.  The woman is a saint.  And I couldn't be more thankful for her for doing all of the things she doesn't need to do, just to make me and the people around her happy.



For my Dad who's wedding speech went on for 14 minutes at our wedding, who got choked up on one of this stories that I never knew about, who shows his love in amazing ways.  I'm thankful for him always being there for me.  I'm thankful for his patience this past year to my Mom and me when we got a little wedding crazy.  I'm thankful for him always just being the jovial man he is and for giving me his love of life.



For my Brother who also got married this year.  Who gave a lovely, if unexpected and impromptu, speech at our wedding.  Who did a reading and saved my butt at the ceremony by having it on hand (just in case I forgot to bring the readings over...which I might have forgotten to do...)



and last, but certainly not least....

For my husband.  (I love that word)  


Who tells me that I am the most beautiful woman he has ever seen and means it.  Who got choked up when seeing me on our wedding day for the first time.  Who got choked up during our ceremony.  Who shows his emotions when it means the most.  Who is my better half.  Who makes me happier than I have ever been in my entire life.  Who I am blessed to spend the rest of my life with.


I have a lot to be thankful for this year and I will never take any of that for granted.

Happy Thanksgiving!!
(gobble gobble)

No comments:

24 November 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year, Dan and I will be celebrating Thanksgiving as Newlyweds.  We are going to have the whole Thanksgiving dinner including turkey, potatoes, green beans, PIE and stuffing just the two of us.  We'll celebrate being newly married and think of all of the wonderful things we have to be thankful for this year.



There is just so much to give thanks for.

I have a new family.  I'm so thankful to marry a man with two sisters.  I never had a sister before and by marrying Dan, I got two.  I also got four nephews.  Instant extended family.  I love that!

Dan and me with Devin, Beth and Kerry


I'm thankful for my family.

For my Mom for all she did for me all year long getting ready for our wedding. I already blogged about her, so I won't drone on about that again.  I will say that I think it's amazing that she spent the two hours after helping me get ready and before we had to get to the chapel running around Southport looking for different flowers to replace the DEAD UGLY DRIED roses our (insert insult here) florist put in our centerpieces.  Seriously, two hours.  The woman is a saint.  And I couldn't be more thankful for her for doing all of the things she doesn't need to do, just to make me and the people around her happy.



For my Dad who's wedding speech went on for 14 minutes at our wedding, who got choked up on one of this stories that I never knew about, who shows his love in amazing ways.  I'm thankful for him always being there for me.  I'm thankful for his patience this past year to my Mom and me when we got a little wedding crazy.  I'm thankful for him always just being the jovial man he is and for giving me his love of life.



For my Brother who also got married this year.  Who gave a lovely, if unexpected and impromptu, speech at our wedding.  Who did a reading and saved my butt at the ceremony by having it on hand (just in case I forgot to bring the readings over...which I might have forgotten to do...)



and last, but certainly not least....

For my husband.  (I love that word)  


Who tells me that I am the most beautiful woman he has ever seen and means it.  Who got choked up when seeing me on our wedding day for the first time.  Who got choked up during our ceremony.  Who shows his emotions when it means the most.  Who is my better half.  Who makes me happier than I have ever been in my entire life.  Who I am blessed to spend the rest of my life with.


I have a lot to be thankful for this year and I will never take any of that for granted.

Happy Thanksgiving!!
(gobble gobble)

No comments: