30 March 2010

Wedding Color Choices

You know your life is consumed by wedding when the highlight of your day is getting home to find a package containing a swatch of fabric.

Even though we're not having a huge bridal party, I wanted to find the perfect color for my Maid of Honor's dress and the guy's ties.  During wedding dress shopping, Mom and I did a lot of bridesmaid dress color shopping, as well.  It's funny, I didn't care what the dresses looked like, as long as it wasn't made out of satin.  I figured we could find the right color and then hope that Lauren could find a dress she liked in that color.

After much searching, I came across a website called Dessy.com.  This is where I found the color Liberty.  I knew I wanted dresses that weren't satin and I knew I wanted a blue color.  Liberty took care of both of those for me.   Mom and I went shopping and found that unfortunately Liberty was way too dark in person.  We did find another color I loved even more, though - Glacier.  I showed it to Lauren, she tried on some dresses and ordered hers last week!

Yesterday, I received a 1/2 yard of Silk Shantung fabric in Glacier from my UPS man.  Woohooo!  Like I said, you know you're consumed by wedding planning  when a delivery of fabric makes your day.  This is the dress!

No comments:

30 March 2010

Wedding Color Choices

You know your life is consumed by wedding when the highlight of your day is getting home to find a package containing a swatch of fabric.

Even though we're not having a huge bridal party, I wanted to find the perfect color for my Maid of Honor's dress and the guy's ties.  During wedding dress shopping, Mom and I did a lot of bridesmaid dress color shopping, as well.  It's funny, I didn't care what the dresses looked like, as long as it wasn't made out of satin.  I figured we could find the right color and then hope that Lauren could find a dress she liked in that color.

After much searching, I came across a website called Dessy.com.  This is where I found the color Liberty.  I knew I wanted dresses that weren't satin and I knew I wanted a blue color.  Liberty took care of both of those for me.   Mom and I went shopping and found that unfortunately Liberty was way too dark in person.  We did find another color I loved even more, though - Glacier.  I showed it to Lauren, she tried on some dresses and ordered hers last week!

Yesterday, I received a 1/2 yard of Silk Shantung fabric in Glacier from my UPS man.  Woohooo!  Like I said, you know you're consumed by wedding planning  when a delivery of fabric makes your day.  This is the dress!

No comments: