Two weekends ago when I was visiting my parents, I had three goals in mind:
1. Book the photographer
2. Eat Cake
3. Look at flowers and colors
Well, we all know how #1 went...but the good news is (off-topic) I booked OUR photographer Sunday night. The paperwork is on our kitchen table and it's waiting for Dan to write the check out to them. Awesome! I'll update more on them soon but for a sneak peek, check out Elizabeth Scott Photography.
So, we'll start with #3 - the flowers - because that is the part that took the longest. We had a 10:30am appointment with the florist in Southport. Mom and I went in with plans to discuss flowers, colors and ideas. The florist went in with plans to write up a quote for us. Ugh! We talked to him for an hour and a half and then had to postpone the rest of the meeting until after the cake tasting! Our cake tasting was at 12pm. Thankfully both of these places were close together so we didn't have to run far. While we were with the florist, we went over the colors that I want and discussed flowers. I am clear on the flowers that I DO NOT want - Cala Lillies and Roses. I feel they are both way overused and, although beautiful, I do not want them in my wedding. So, instead the poor florist got to look for flowers that will have the bold colors that I am looking for. Yes, I'm going to hold off on going into details on the color scheme just yet.
When we ran out of the florist's place, both of our heads were swimming with information. Plus, while we were in there, Mom saw a quote for over $4,000!!! Holy Cow! Who knew flowers were so expensive!?
Well, when we went back, we finished discussing things I had never thought of. Beyond bouquets and "bouts," there are chapel door decorations, pew decorations, chapel arrangements, reception arrangements, front entry arrangements, table arrangements, YEESH! We ended up figuring we can re-use the chapel arrangements for the Reception and we will probably end up making our own table decorations.
I think the three things I am most excited about are the bouquets, chapel arrangements and Dan's "bout." I call it bout because that's what the florist kept calling it and I found it hilarious. I giggled every time he said it...but it didn't seem to faze him. The arrangements and bouquets are going to have the same flowers in them but the arrangements will have some taller flowers, as well. Another "demand" that I have about my flowers is that there are no "drooping" or "dangling" flowers or reeds or grasses. Dan's "bout" will have a Safari Sunset in it. I think that's going to be awesome!
When we were finished, we were told we would get a quote in email in a few days. Again, HOLY COW flowers are expensive! Now I am even more thankful that I only have one bridesmaid!
Onto #2 - CAKE! Who doesn't love a good cake tasting? We're using Crumb De La Crumb as our baker. I am so excited about the cake. It's not only going to look awesome, but it's going to taste awesome, as well! The cake company we chose infuses their cakes with really excellent flavors. My favorite was the yellow cake infused with lemon. Mmmm. Mom really enjoyed the "Mudslide" chocolate cake. We're going to have to do it again just so Dan can taste all of his chocolate options. Horray for Cake!
Reading, eating, playing and crafting my way through 2011.
16 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 March 2010
The Cake and The Florist
Two weekends ago when I was visiting my parents, I had three goals in mind:
1. Book the photographer
2. Eat Cake
3. Look at flowers and colors
Well, we all know how #1 went...but the good news is (off-topic) I booked OUR photographer Sunday night. The paperwork is on our kitchen table and it's waiting for Dan to write the check out to them. Awesome! I'll update more on them soon but for a sneak peek, check out Elizabeth Scott Photography.
So, we'll start with #3 - the flowers - because that is the part that took the longest. We had a 10:30am appointment with the florist in Southport. Mom and I went in with plans to discuss flowers, colors and ideas. The florist went in with plans to write up a quote for us. Ugh! We talked to him for an hour and a half and then had to postpone the rest of the meeting until after the cake tasting! Our cake tasting was at 12pm. Thankfully both of these places were close together so we didn't have to run far. While we were with the florist, we went over the colors that I want and discussed flowers. I am clear on the flowers that I DO NOT want - Cala Lillies and Roses. I feel they are both way overused and, although beautiful, I do not want them in my wedding. So, instead the poor florist got to look for flowers that will have the bold colors that I am looking for. Yes, I'm going to hold off on going into details on the color scheme just yet.
When we ran out of the florist's place, both of our heads were swimming with information. Plus, while we were in there, Mom saw a quote for over $4,000!!! Holy Cow! Who knew flowers were so expensive!?
Well, when we went back, we finished discussing things I had never thought of. Beyond bouquets and "bouts," there are chapel door decorations, pew decorations, chapel arrangements, reception arrangements, front entry arrangements, table arrangements, YEESH! We ended up figuring we can re-use the chapel arrangements for the Reception and we will probably end up making our own table decorations.
I think the three things I am most excited about are the bouquets, chapel arrangements and Dan's "bout." I call it bout because that's what the florist kept calling it and I found it hilarious. I giggled every time he said it...but it didn't seem to faze him. The arrangements and bouquets are going to have the same flowers in them but the arrangements will have some taller flowers, as well. Another "demand" that I have about my flowers is that there are no "drooping" or "dangling" flowers or reeds or grasses. Dan's "bout" will have a Safari Sunset in it. I think that's going to be awesome!
When we were finished, we were told we would get a quote in email in a few days. Again, HOLY COW flowers are expensive! Now I am even more thankful that I only have one bridesmaid!
Onto #2 - CAKE! Who doesn't love a good cake tasting? We're using Crumb De La Crumb as our baker. I am so excited about the cake. It's not only going to look awesome, but it's going to taste awesome, as well! The cake company we chose infuses their cakes with really excellent flavors. My favorite was the yellow cake infused with lemon. Mmmm. Mom really enjoyed the "Mudslide" chocolate cake. We're going to have to do it again just so Dan can taste all of his chocolate options. Horray for Cake!
1. Book the photographer
2. Eat Cake
3. Look at flowers and colors
Well, we all know how #1 went...but the good news is (off-topic) I booked OUR photographer Sunday night. The paperwork is on our kitchen table and it's waiting for Dan to write the check out to them. Awesome! I'll update more on them soon but for a sneak peek, check out Elizabeth Scott Photography.
So, we'll start with #3 - the flowers - because that is the part that took the longest. We had a 10:30am appointment with the florist in Southport. Mom and I went in with plans to discuss flowers, colors and ideas. The florist went in with plans to write up a quote for us. Ugh! We talked to him for an hour and a half and then had to postpone the rest of the meeting until after the cake tasting! Our cake tasting was at 12pm. Thankfully both of these places were close together so we didn't have to run far. While we were with the florist, we went over the colors that I want and discussed flowers. I am clear on the flowers that I DO NOT want - Cala Lillies and Roses. I feel they are both way overused and, although beautiful, I do not want them in my wedding. So, instead the poor florist got to look for flowers that will have the bold colors that I am looking for. Yes, I'm going to hold off on going into details on the color scheme just yet.
When we ran out of the florist's place, both of our heads were swimming with information. Plus, while we were in there, Mom saw a quote for over $4,000!!! Holy Cow! Who knew flowers were so expensive!?
Well, when we went back, we finished discussing things I had never thought of. Beyond bouquets and "bouts," there are chapel door decorations, pew decorations, chapel arrangements, reception arrangements, front entry arrangements, table arrangements, YEESH! We ended up figuring we can re-use the chapel arrangements for the Reception and we will probably end up making our own table decorations.
I think the three things I am most excited about are the bouquets, chapel arrangements and Dan's "bout." I call it bout because that's what the florist kept calling it and I found it hilarious. I giggled every time he said it...but it didn't seem to faze him. The arrangements and bouquets are going to have the same flowers in them but the arrangements will have some taller flowers, as well. Another "demand" that I have about my flowers is that there are no "drooping" or "dangling" flowers or reeds or grasses. Dan's "bout" will have a Safari Sunset in it. I think that's going to be awesome!
When we were finished, we were told we would get a quote in email in a few days. Again, HOLY COW flowers are expensive! Now I am even more thankful that I only have one bridesmaid!
Onto #2 - CAKE! Who doesn't love a good cake tasting? We're using Crumb De La Crumb as our baker. I am so excited about the cake. It's not only going to look awesome, but it's going to taste awesome, as well! The cake company we chose infuses their cakes with really excellent flavors. My favorite was the yellow cake infused with lemon. Mmmm. Mom really enjoyed the "Mudslide" chocolate cake. We're going to have to do it again just so Dan can taste all of his chocolate options. Horray for Cake!
2 comments:
-
Anonymous said...
-
Love the photographer Jill! You're pictures will be amazing.
-
March 16, 2010 at 7:32 PM
- C Stephens said...
-
I can almost taste the cake...you are making me hungry. I think you may need to start growing your own flowers girlie!
-
March 17, 2010 at 10:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love the photographer Jill! You're pictures will be amazing.
I can almost taste the cake...you are making me hungry. I think you may need to start growing your own flowers girlie!
Post a Comment