Oh, what a difference.
On Saturday, Mom and I went to The Window Garden in Southport to talk to another florist. We both didn’t have the best feeling in the world after leaving the last florists building where we were peppered with questions and numbers and flowers, etc. This time, we walked in and the owner of the shop had some books in front of him with much more modern photos in it. Thinking about it now, that was odd that the first florist we spoke to seemed to have books from 1978…not exactly what you think of for a 2010 wedding. Anyways….we talked about what we wanted – bouquets, boutonnieres, decorations, etc. We started with flowers and when I told him I wanted tulips and lilies he told us that if we got tulips, they would double the cost of the bouquet.
Tulips are out.
We didn’t decide on a bouquet while we were there but that was ok, he wanted to just get some good ideas flowing. We discussed the chapel and when we mentioned arrangements, he balked. Yes, we found a florist who doesn’t want to oversell us flowers, we found our man. This was SUCH an easy experience compared to the experience we had with Florist #1.
We ended the conversation with thoughts on the reception site. I explained that I didn’t want to do big arrangements or a lot of flowers there. I told him I wanted to bring the beach inside. He was very straight forward with us and told us if we’re going to go for it, we have to go all the way. He also told us that he would help us take some money we were planning on spending on the chapel and move it to the reception where people will really be paying attention to the decorations. I’m so excited about his ideas for the reception that I am almost giddy. He even suggested coming back in at some point, clearing off a table and showing us what he plans on doing – with a few different options.
Now things are getting really exciting!
Reading, eating, playing and crafting my way through 2011.
23 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 March 2010
Wedding Florist - Take II
Oh, what a difference.
On Saturday, Mom and I went to The Window Garden in Southport to talk to another florist. We both didn’t have the best feeling in the world after leaving the last florists building where we were peppered with questions and numbers and flowers, etc. This time, we walked in and the owner of the shop had some books in front of him with much more modern photos in it. Thinking about it now, that was odd that the first florist we spoke to seemed to have books from 1978…not exactly what you think of for a 2010 wedding. Anyways….we talked about what we wanted – bouquets, boutonnieres, decorations, etc. We started with flowers and when I told him I wanted tulips and lilies he told us that if we got tulips, they would double the cost of the bouquet.
Tulips are out.
We didn’t decide on a bouquet while we were there but that was ok, he wanted to just get some good ideas flowing. We discussed the chapel and when we mentioned arrangements, he balked. Yes, we found a florist who doesn’t want to oversell us flowers, we found our man. This was SUCH an easy experience compared to the experience we had with Florist #1.
We ended the conversation with thoughts on the reception site. I explained that I didn’t want to do big arrangements or a lot of flowers there. I told him I wanted to bring the beach inside. He was very straight forward with us and told us if we’re going to go for it, we have to go all the way. He also told us that he would help us take some money we were planning on spending on the chapel and move it to the reception where people will really be paying attention to the decorations. I’m so excited about his ideas for the reception that I am almost giddy. He even suggested coming back in at some point, clearing off a table and showing us what he plans on doing – with a few different options.
Now things are getting really exciting!
On Saturday, Mom and I went to The Window Garden in Southport to talk to another florist. We both didn’t have the best feeling in the world after leaving the last florists building where we were peppered with questions and numbers and flowers, etc. This time, we walked in and the owner of the shop had some books in front of him with much more modern photos in it. Thinking about it now, that was odd that the first florist we spoke to seemed to have books from 1978…not exactly what you think of for a 2010 wedding. Anyways….we talked about what we wanted – bouquets, boutonnieres, decorations, etc. We started with flowers and when I told him I wanted tulips and lilies he told us that if we got tulips, they would double the cost of the bouquet.
Tulips are out.
We didn’t decide on a bouquet while we were there but that was ok, he wanted to just get some good ideas flowing. We discussed the chapel and when we mentioned arrangements, he balked. Yes, we found a florist who doesn’t want to oversell us flowers, we found our man. This was SUCH an easy experience compared to the experience we had with Florist #1.
We ended the conversation with thoughts on the reception site. I explained that I didn’t want to do big arrangements or a lot of flowers there. I told him I wanted to bring the beach inside. He was very straight forward with us and told us if we’re going to go for it, we have to go all the way. He also told us that he would help us take some money we were planning on spending on the chapel and move it to the reception where people will really be paying attention to the decorations. I’m so excited about his ideas for the reception that I am almost giddy. He even suggested coming back in at some point, clearing off a table and showing us what he plans on doing – with a few different options.
Now things are getting really exciting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment