11 March 2010

Wedding Planning Websites

I have been spending a lot of time online these days looking for everything from photographers to dresses to violinists for our wedding in October.  I started with the standard sites – TheKnot.com, WeddingChannel.com and of course, MarthaStewartWeddings.com.  Those sites are all great sites for gathering information and getting help figuring out what to do first!  Now that I’m past the initial “Oh my God, this is really happening” moment, I have had some time to search elsewhere.  Here are a few websites that I have found particularly interesting during my search. 

I found this one on a photographers blog when I was in the midst of my photographer search.  It has tons and tons of creative ideas for your wedding day that are all things that you can do yourself.  We are planning on doing our own centerpieces, so a site like this will be a great help in the grand scheme of things.

This site is just plain awesome.  These are non-traditional brides displaying their crafty and original sides.  I found the section at the bottom – 20 Recent Blog Posts and Top 15 Posts to be the most helpful for getting around.  Some fun posts I have read: “Non Sappy Father-Daughter Songs,”  “Non-Floral Wedding Centerpieces” and “Your Wedding is Tacky.”  See why I love this site??

This is a well-known and well-used site by many crafty people that I am lucky to know.  Etsy is a great place to find homemade items – everything from hair clips to street signs, they have it in here and it’s all handmade.  I haven’t found anything I’m planning on buying from Etsy just yet but I certainly have found many good ideas that I plan to use when designing our reception site set-up.

No comments:

11 March 2010

Wedding Planning Websites

I have been spending a lot of time online these days looking for everything from photographers to dresses to violinists for our wedding in October.  I started with the standard sites – TheKnot.com, WeddingChannel.com and of course, MarthaStewartWeddings.com.  Those sites are all great sites for gathering information and getting help figuring out what to do first!  Now that I’m past the initial “Oh my God, this is really happening” moment, I have had some time to search elsewhere.  Here are a few websites that I have found particularly interesting during my search. 

I found this one on a photographers blog when I was in the midst of my photographer search.  It has tons and tons of creative ideas for your wedding day that are all things that you can do yourself.  We are planning on doing our own centerpieces, so a site like this will be a great help in the grand scheme of things.

This site is just plain awesome.  These are non-traditional brides displaying their crafty and original sides.  I found the section at the bottom – 20 Recent Blog Posts and Top 15 Posts to be the most helpful for getting around.  Some fun posts I have read: “Non Sappy Father-Daughter Songs,”  “Non-Floral Wedding Centerpieces” and “Your Wedding is Tacky.”  See why I love this site??

This is a well-known and well-used site by many crafty people that I am lucky to know.  Etsy is a great place to find homemade items – everything from hair clips to street signs, they have it in here and it’s all handmade.  I haven’t found anything I’m planning on buying from Etsy just yet but I certainly have found many good ideas that I plan to use when designing our reception site set-up.

No comments: