30 May 2010

So. Much. Fun.

Like most girls, I spent a lot of my life looking forward to getting married.  
Age 5, I danced around with my imaginary husband.  
Age 12, at our 8th grade dance, I just hoped some boy would ask me to dance...and secretly hoped that any boy that looked at me funny would be my future husband.
Ages 16-24 I wondered if THIS boyfriend was THE boyfriend.  

Age 25, I met HIM.  After our second date, I knew I wanted to marry HIM.  6 months after we started dating, I started planning our wedding.  The town was set immediately.  My parents moved to Southport, North Carolina that same year.  I fell in love with the town.  I wanted to get married at the Community Building.  I wanted to marry Dan there.

Well...I'm now 32 and we are FINALLY getting married.  We are not getting married at the Community Building due to logistics and our worry of rain.  It's ok, I'm happy with our decision.  I'm SO happy with our decision.  Everyone I have worked with at our reception site has been wonderful.  We have a built in wedding planner who is amazing.  Food, cake, dance floor, alcohol, champagne toast and cake cutting are all included in our package.  It helps that it is a very beautiful site.

A little sneak peek:  Dan and I aren't liquor drinkers but we are having a full bar for our guests.  Instead of doing a "signature drink" we are celebrating with "signature beers."  These beers will be promoted during the Reception while all beers will be available.  Our choices?  

Guinness for Dan and our Irish Heritage.  Corona to go with our "theme" of the beach.  Yuengling because it reminds us of Maryland - Home.



Anyways, back to what I was thinking about when I started this post.  I. Love. Wedding. Planning.  It has been so much fun!  The stress has minimal and the people surrounding me during this process have been so helpful and fantastic.  We have had a few wants from a few important people (like Dad) and I gave in considering, well, he's paying for 85% of the wedding!  So, yes, I am going to have to dance with my father to a country song but he'll be happy and heck, it's just one dance, right? 

I know I'm obsessed with the planning and the organizing and the ideas but I am doing my best not to overwhelm my friends with the details.  Every once in a while, I will come up with a question that I poll people on but other than that, my Mom and Dan have taken the brunt of my rambling, rapid-fire questions and ideas. I also have tended to change my mind.  A lot.  Dan's only called me 'zilla twice and that was due to our invitation fights.  It's ok!  The invites are officially finished!   I should have everything I need in my hot little hands by June 18th.

I am so excited.  We have all of the big stuff done.  Now I can concentrate on doing crafty stuff and NOT freak out about big things that NEED to get done.  I honestly do not want this to end.  What am I going to do with all of my free time when I'm not obsessing on awesome wedding blogs or double/triple/quadruple checking my guest lists?  Thankfully I don't have to worry about that for 139 more days.  

Here's to more fun times!  One more sneak peek today.  We found these babies half off at Hudson Belk this weekend.  I think Dan has decided he wants his BM and him to wear the bottom one.  LOVE it!!  




1 comment:

Unknown said...

You sound great girl. I am so happy for you and that you are really embracing the whole process of planning a wedding with all the ups and downs that come with it. Keep it up...you will be on your honeymoon before you know it!

30 May 2010

So. Much. Fun.

Like most girls, I spent a lot of my life looking forward to getting married.  
Age 5, I danced around with my imaginary husband.  
Age 12, at our 8th grade dance, I just hoped some boy would ask me to dance...and secretly hoped that any boy that looked at me funny would be my future husband.
Ages 16-24 I wondered if THIS boyfriend was THE boyfriend.  

Age 25, I met HIM.  After our second date, I knew I wanted to marry HIM.  6 months after we started dating, I started planning our wedding.  The town was set immediately.  My parents moved to Southport, North Carolina that same year.  I fell in love with the town.  I wanted to get married at the Community Building.  I wanted to marry Dan there.

Well...I'm now 32 and we are FINALLY getting married.  We are not getting married at the Community Building due to logistics and our worry of rain.  It's ok, I'm happy with our decision.  I'm SO happy with our decision.  Everyone I have worked with at our reception site has been wonderful.  We have a built in wedding planner who is amazing.  Food, cake, dance floor, alcohol, champagne toast and cake cutting are all included in our package.  It helps that it is a very beautiful site.

A little sneak peek:  Dan and I aren't liquor drinkers but we are having a full bar for our guests.  Instead of doing a "signature drink" we are celebrating with "signature beers."  These beers will be promoted during the Reception while all beers will be available.  Our choices?  

Guinness for Dan and our Irish Heritage.  Corona to go with our "theme" of the beach.  Yuengling because it reminds us of Maryland - Home.



Anyways, back to what I was thinking about when I started this post.  I. Love. Wedding. Planning.  It has been so much fun!  The stress has minimal and the people surrounding me during this process have been so helpful and fantastic.  We have had a few wants from a few important people (like Dad) and I gave in considering, well, he's paying for 85% of the wedding!  So, yes, I am going to have to dance with my father to a country song but he'll be happy and heck, it's just one dance, right? 

I know I'm obsessed with the planning and the organizing and the ideas but I am doing my best not to overwhelm my friends with the details.  Every once in a while, I will come up with a question that I poll people on but other than that, my Mom and Dan have taken the brunt of my rambling, rapid-fire questions and ideas. I also have tended to change my mind.  A lot.  Dan's only called me 'zilla twice and that was due to our invitation fights.  It's ok!  The invites are officially finished!   I should have everything I need in my hot little hands by June 18th.

I am so excited.  We have all of the big stuff done.  Now I can concentrate on doing crafty stuff and NOT freak out about big things that NEED to get done.  I honestly do not want this to end.  What am I going to do with all of my free time when I'm not obsessing on awesome wedding blogs or double/triple/quadruple checking my guest lists?  Thankfully I don't have to worry about that for 139 more days.  

Here's to more fun times!  One more sneak peek today.  We found these babies half off at Hudson Belk this weekend.  I think Dan has decided he wants his BM and him to wear the bottom one.  LOVE it!!  




1 comment:

Unknown said...

You sound great girl. I am so happy for you and that you are really embracing the whole process of planning a wedding with all the ups and downs that come with it. Keep it up...you will be on your honeymoon before you know it!