22 September 2010

Cruising Time!

With all of our focus on the wedding these past 7 months, we haven't spent a lot of time thinking about our post-wedding plans.  I know I might have mentioned in a blog a looooooong time ago that we're going on a cruise.  Well, we definitely are taking a cruise.

Our Ship


We are going on the Emerald Princess through the Eastern Caribbean for 10 glorious days.  I love the fact that we were able to book the vacation, pay for it (thank you, Dan) and then have all of our entertainment, food and drinks taken care of.  Ok, alcohol isn't included but we have figured out what to do with that.  Want to know a secret?  Princess lets you bring your own beer, wine and soda on board!  SCORE!

Oh, hello there.  Yes, I might partake in one or two of these pretties.


On the Eastern Caribbean route, we will be on the following itinerary:
10/19 - Board in Ft Lauderdale
10/20 - At Sea
10/21 - At Sea
10/22 - Antigua
10/23 - St Lucia
10/24 - Barbados
10/25 - St Kitts
10/26 - St Thomas
10/27 - At Sea
10/28 - Bahamas
10/29 - Sigh...Ft Lauderdale.

Amazing, huh?  Well, I think so.  Dan and I haven't been on a big vacation since our first year together when we went to where he wanted to go....Las Vegas.  Las Vegas.  The city where he gets to go every year, paying for just his flight, so he can join me out there for work.  Las Vegas.  The city that I am so tired of, I could scream.  Las Vegas.  Really?  Las Vegas!??!!  So, for the honeymoon, I decided.  I said, we're taking a cruise.  Ok, I maybe asked if he would be ok with it and he finally gave in.  I can't wait!

This is where we are NOT going....


We have a few plans for this vacation.  First, we are going completely out of touch from the world.  No computer, no cell phone, no nothing.  If there is an emergency, our house sitter and pet sitter or our parents can call us on the ship.  PS people, this will cost us money so it better be an emergency!!

Ok, I admit, I will go through withdrawl, but we can do it!


Second, we're going to relax.  There will be no where we HAVE to be.  There is no one we HAVE to see.  There are no scheduled appointments.  This is just you and me and a room with a balcony over the water.  Some pools, some stops at beautiful beaches and an awesome boat to explore.  It will be heaven.




Oh and in Barbados, I'll be swimming with these guys.  Excited does not express my emotions.  
I might cry.

In 27 days, we'll be on a ship destined for beautiful Caribbean waters.  Ahhhhhh.

No comments:

22 September 2010

Cruising Time!

With all of our focus on the wedding these past 7 months, we haven't spent a lot of time thinking about our post-wedding plans.  I know I might have mentioned in a blog a looooooong time ago that we're going on a cruise.  Well, we definitely are taking a cruise.

Our Ship


We are going on the Emerald Princess through the Eastern Caribbean for 10 glorious days.  I love the fact that we were able to book the vacation, pay for it (thank you, Dan) and then have all of our entertainment, food and drinks taken care of.  Ok, alcohol isn't included but we have figured out what to do with that.  Want to know a secret?  Princess lets you bring your own beer, wine and soda on board!  SCORE!

Oh, hello there.  Yes, I might partake in one or two of these pretties.


On the Eastern Caribbean route, we will be on the following itinerary:
10/19 - Board in Ft Lauderdale
10/20 - At Sea
10/21 - At Sea
10/22 - Antigua
10/23 - St Lucia
10/24 - Barbados
10/25 - St Kitts
10/26 - St Thomas
10/27 - At Sea
10/28 - Bahamas
10/29 - Sigh...Ft Lauderdale.

Amazing, huh?  Well, I think so.  Dan and I haven't been on a big vacation since our first year together when we went to where he wanted to go....Las Vegas.  Las Vegas.  The city where he gets to go every year, paying for just his flight, so he can join me out there for work.  Las Vegas.  The city that I am so tired of, I could scream.  Las Vegas.  Really?  Las Vegas!??!!  So, for the honeymoon, I decided.  I said, we're taking a cruise.  Ok, I maybe asked if he would be ok with it and he finally gave in.  I can't wait!

This is where we are NOT going....


We have a few plans for this vacation.  First, we are going completely out of touch from the world.  No computer, no cell phone, no nothing.  If there is an emergency, our house sitter and pet sitter or our parents can call us on the ship.  PS people, this will cost us money so it better be an emergency!!

Ok, I admit, I will go through withdrawl, but we can do it!


Second, we're going to relax.  There will be no where we HAVE to be.  There is no one we HAVE to see.  There are no scheduled appointments.  This is just you and me and a room with a balcony over the water.  Some pools, some stops at beautiful beaches and an awesome boat to explore.  It will be heaven.




Oh and in Barbados, I'll be swimming with these guys.  Excited does not express my emotions.  
I might cry.

In 27 days, we'll be on a ship destined for beautiful Caribbean waters.  Ahhhhhh.

No comments: