27 September 2010

First Major Wedding Freak-Out Moment

Here we are 19 days before the wedding and I just had a very large freak-out.

I decided to sit down this evening and create my contact list for the weekend.  I listed us, parents, BM and MOH, siblings and our 'helpers'.  I added phone numbers and addresses of where everyone is staying.  As I'm adding the addresses, a little light bulb goes on in my head.

Then it exploded.

What is wrong with this picture (ignore the blacked out addresses and names).

Hello, wouldn't you freak out, too???  Listen to this coincidence.  The For Rent By Owner condos were a lot more reasonable than renting through St James Properties.  So, Mom and I worked diligently on finding a bunch of condos for family and close friends this way.  I worked on getting a place for Dan and Me, as well as a place for Dan's parents and his Best Man and wife.  Found two different places from two different owners that were perfect for the different needs.  Today, creating the spreadsheet, I find this.

NO FREAKING WAY!

So, after a half hour of freaking out, perhaps slightly bridezilla-style, including two emails and a phone call to my Mom who is not home.  Dad has no idea what is going on so, he says wait till tomorrow.  Wait till tomorrow.  Yeah, ok.

People, it is NOT OK to spend your wedding night in the condo next to your husband's parents and his best friend.  THIS IS NOT OK!  

Going to try to calm down now.  Mom will fix this.  If she doesn't, we'll suck up the cost of the condo, say forget it and go stay at the Hampton Inn on our wedding night.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

27 September 2010

First Major Wedding Freak-Out Moment

Here we are 19 days before the wedding and I just had a very large freak-out.

I decided to sit down this evening and create my contact list for the weekend.  I listed us, parents, BM and MOH, siblings and our 'helpers'.  I added phone numbers and addresses of where everyone is staying.  As I'm adding the addresses, a little light bulb goes on in my head.

Then it exploded.

What is wrong with this picture (ignore the blacked out addresses and names).

Hello, wouldn't you freak out, too???  Listen to this coincidence.  The For Rent By Owner condos were a lot more reasonable than renting through St James Properties.  So, Mom and I worked diligently on finding a bunch of condos for family and close friends this way.  I worked on getting a place for Dan and Me, as well as a place for Dan's parents and his Best Man and wife.  Found two different places from two different owners that were perfect for the different needs.  Today, creating the spreadsheet, I find this.

NO FREAKING WAY!

So, after a half hour of freaking out, perhaps slightly bridezilla-style, including two emails and a phone call to my Mom who is not home.  Dad has no idea what is going on so, he says wait till tomorrow.  Wait till tomorrow.  Yeah, ok.

People, it is NOT OK to spend your wedding night in the condo next to your husband's parents and his best friend.  THIS IS NOT OK!  

Going to try to calm down now.  Mom will fix this.  If she doesn't, we'll suck up the cost of the condo, say forget it and go stay at the Hampton Inn on our wedding night.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: