Ok, enough of that. We had a really interesting and successful weekend even with the illness. The whole reason for this visit was to see the grand 'idea' the florist had for our centerpieces and to meet with our officiant. We drove in Saturday morning after the florist asked if we could meet him later than originally planned (thank you, thank you, thank you). I had taken Friday off from work and slept all...day....long and still felt miserable so it was nice not to have to rush out of the house that night.
When we got to the house, Mom went immediately into planning mode. We tasted some of the favors we will be ordering and chose which ones we wanted. Two words: Dark Chocolate. Yum. Too bad I couldn't really taste it... Anyways, then we went off to meet with the florist. The last two times we spoke with Rick, we had talked about doing 'sea-scapes' for the tables. This would be sand and shells and driftwood and other natural beachy elements. I'm so excited. I made my table numbers and escort cards with that in mind.
Well....
He tells us he didn't like that idea the more he thought about it and shows us what he wants to do. I'm devastated. It is NOT a sea-scape. It's natural elements and yeah, he's got some seashells to throw in there but, I'm sad. So, I try, TRY to keep an open mind and let him tell me what he has planned. He has two different looks he wants to do. I'll be honest with you, when I saw the second one, I fell in love. LOVE. So, slight change of decoration for the tables. This is not a tragedy. A tragedy is three men trapped in a mine or police dogs used in Birmingham. Oh wait...sorry...slight detour into Dirty Dancing there.
Anyways, the only problem is now I have to change the table numbers. I just need to figure out what will now look good with those centerpieces. Sigh.
The rest of the weekend was spent finishing up some lists, meeting with our officiant (who we both ADORE) and doing table assignments. I am so, so so so glad we have just 77 people attending our wedding. If we had 100 or more, I might flip out with the table assignments. After about an hour of erasing, moving, scratching out and scratching our heads, I ran for the scissors.
Best. Idea. Ever.
Note to all brides: when doing your table assignments, write every guests name on strips of paper and then line them up into table clumps! Worked great! After we did this, I swear we finished with the table assignments in 10 minutes. Ha ha.
Finished!
Yup, that was fun. It was easier today, feeling a little bit better, to get a few more things cleared up. It's amazing, we have just over a month to go and there is SO much still to think about!
1 comment:
Jill! You are doing a great job planning I know it is so overwhelming. My Mom had told me that our Moms were out running wedding related errands last week. I heard all about it. The lists and stress sounds just like our wedding. Don't worry it is all worth it in the end. ;) We did the same thing with seating arrangements but we ripped up post its. Made it much easier. Everything will fall into place. :)
Post a Comment