In 2007, a very good friend had twins. Leading up to "C-Section Day", I started planning what we could do for them aside from the gifts we had already given. Their plan was to be home together for a month before having family come to help. I wanted to find some easy foods to send over to them when they bring the babies home. I mean, do you think she really wants to make lunch/dinner two days after having her belly sliced open and two huge beings removed from it? I think not.
Here is what I came up with.
Fake Lasagna
9oz Buitoni Cheese Tortellini
45oz Ragu Pasta Sauce
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Preheat oven to 350.
Use an 8x8 pan (I use Glad Bakeware so there are no dishes to be done when the pan is empty).
Pour in 1/3 of the jar of pasta sauce.
Take 1/2 of the tortellini and press them into the pasta sauce.
Cover the tortellini with 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese.
Repeat Once (I remembered to take pictures of this part...)
Add 1/3 of the sauce
Add the rest of the tortellini
Add the rest of the cheese.
Add the rest of the sauce and then sprinkle (or dump like I did) some parm.
Bake for 1 hour at 350. This is definitely a freezer-friendly meal. Pop the top on and toss it in the freezer until ready to use. The top to the Glad Bakeware is not oven-proof so take it off before you bake the dish.
Other things in the cooler along with the fake lasagna:
Sliced cheddar cheese and box of Wheat Thins
Orange slices and Grapes - washed.
Chopped lettuce, sliced onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumbers all in separate baggies for salad.
Loaf of artisan bread such as baguette or sourdough.
Chocolate Chip Cookies or Brownies.
Now, I'm not a Mom. I know nothing about what Moms may really want when they first come home from the hospital, but this was my idea of what a Mom might want. It seemed to work for my friend. Any other good suggestions for food or something else to take a new Mom and Dad?
No comments:
Post a Comment