Finally, we got to eat dinner! Not like we ate much. My stomach wasn't handling a lot that day and Dan goes by the theory that if the woman he's with isn't eating, he shouldn't either..in public at least. :) Our meal ended up being super tasty. If i had more time, I would have remembered to print out those menu cards for each table stating what was in the salad and the meals!! Even though we weren't eating much, we did each try the Fried Green Tomatoes on our salads. Yum!!
After our salad course, we were toasted.
Both our BM and MOH did an awesome job. Dad had already done a great job of embarrassing me, so we were pleased when they both showed up with amazing speeches and nothing to embarrass us with.
Tom started by thanking my Dad for taking care of the longest speech of the night. Nice quip! He also spoke of his and Dan's friendship since they were very young and how he's changed through the years ... especially after meeting me.
Tom started by thanking my Dad for taking care of the longest speech of the night. Nice quip! He also spoke of his and Dan's friendship since they were very young and how he's changed through the years ... especially after meeting me.
Lauren sent me her speech (because I begged and pleaded for it). It was wonderful and made me cry when I read it. She talked about how she was always my "good" friend, but for some reason I kept calling her house asking if she wanted to hang out. She also talked about the time I drove to MD from NY and asked Dan to drive back with me. He did. She said that's when she knew, this guy was someone special.
She had us rolling at the end when she said, "Your wedding is exactly as Regina imagined!"
Finally, Dad and I danced to Walk with You by Edwin McCain.
Dan and his Mom danced to What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong.
Then....we all danced!!
We Are Family
The DJ cut into (hehe, nice cake pun) the dancing to play Sugar, Sugar by The Archies
for our cake cutting!!
for our cake cutting!!
One for generations to come:
...and we danced some more.
Apple Bottom Jeans
I have no idea....
Phew! What a great day. From start to finish, it could not have been any better. I feel like 9 months was a perfect amount of time for planning this wedding. It gave us just enough to not go completely crazy. I am happy with the DIY projects that did and did not show up at the wedding. I'm happy with the guest list and I'm over the little things that we all dwelled on during and after the wedding. Weddings sure do bring out the best and the worst in people. In our case, we got to see the best of the best. I couldn't be more thankful.
It's a new year. Here's to hoping 2011 will top 2010 (although I'm not really sure that can happen)!!





















1 comment:
What fun pictures- it looks like a blast!
Post a Comment