21 December 2010

Our First Look

I can't even explain how glad I am that we had a "first look."  It meant coordinating and getting ready quite a few hours before the actual ceremony, but in the end, it was more than worth it.  We were able to see one another before the ceremony and let all of those huge emotions of seeing each other on our wedding day out without a room full of people watching.  I'll admit, it's not for everyone.  If you are a stickler for tradition and not seeing your bride or groom until you're walking down the aisle, this isn't for you.  If you have read up on that tradition, you'll know that it was started back when arranged marriages were the thing and you really didn't ever see your new partner until you were walking down the aisle.  Eeeek!

So, Dan and I discussed it and felt since I really wanted pictures in a certain place and he was willing to let that tradition go; we together decided we didn't want our guests to have to mill around for 2 hours while we had pictures taken, we went for it.  So very glad we did.  These first pictures really just speak for themselves.







I was so happy that Dan showed so much emotion.  I thought I would be a crying mess on my wedding day but surprisingly, he got choked up much more than I did.  I don't get it.  I cry at weddings.  I cry at weddings on TV.  I cry when girls 'Say Yes to the Dress.'  But I don't cry my eyes out at my own wedding?  All I can say is that it was absolutely the happiest day of my life.  If I cried, they were tears of joy.  Mostly I smiled, and laughed and just had a darn good time that day.  I think it shows in the pictures.  :)

"Look at my flowers!"

"Look at my dress!!"

"Look at the earrings you bought me!"

"Woo!"

Hmmm...is that a tear I'm wiping away?  One?  Haha.

Matchy Matchy, complete with dirty dress!  
We had just gotten there and already it was a mess. 




Right about now, Dan says to me, "Did you have fish for lunch?"
Me:  "Perhaps, why....does my breath stink?  Haaaaaaaaaa"  (classy)

Apparently it smelled like my lunch.  Ooops.  
Note to self: Shrimp Salad = Bad idea on wedding day!

Me: "Do you have any mints?"
Dan: "Of course, I always come prepared!"






Some Favorites



Dan on his phone, me dancing...it's a normal day in our lives.

 



Next up: Our Bridal Party joins us for some fun on the bridge!

No comments:

21 December 2010

Our First Look

I can't even explain how glad I am that we had a "first look."  It meant coordinating and getting ready quite a few hours before the actual ceremony, but in the end, it was more than worth it.  We were able to see one another before the ceremony and let all of those huge emotions of seeing each other on our wedding day out without a room full of people watching.  I'll admit, it's not for everyone.  If you are a stickler for tradition and not seeing your bride or groom until you're walking down the aisle, this isn't for you.  If you have read up on that tradition, you'll know that it was started back when arranged marriages were the thing and you really didn't ever see your new partner until you were walking down the aisle.  Eeeek!

So, Dan and I discussed it and felt since I really wanted pictures in a certain place and he was willing to let that tradition go; we together decided we didn't want our guests to have to mill around for 2 hours while we had pictures taken, we went for it.  So very glad we did.  These first pictures really just speak for themselves.







I was so happy that Dan showed so much emotion.  I thought I would be a crying mess on my wedding day but surprisingly, he got choked up much more than I did.  I don't get it.  I cry at weddings.  I cry at weddings on TV.  I cry when girls 'Say Yes to the Dress.'  But I don't cry my eyes out at my own wedding?  All I can say is that it was absolutely the happiest day of my life.  If I cried, they were tears of joy.  Mostly I smiled, and laughed and just had a darn good time that day.  I think it shows in the pictures.  :)

"Look at my flowers!"

"Look at my dress!!"

"Look at the earrings you bought me!"

"Woo!"

Hmmm...is that a tear I'm wiping away?  One?  Haha.

Matchy Matchy, complete with dirty dress!  
We had just gotten there and already it was a mess. 




Right about now, Dan says to me, "Did you have fish for lunch?"
Me:  "Perhaps, why....does my breath stink?  Haaaaaaaaaa"  (classy)

Apparently it smelled like my lunch.  Ooops.  
Note to self: Shrimp Salad = Bad idea on wedding day!

Me: "Do you have any mints?"
Dan: "Of course, I always come prepared!"






Some Favorites



Dan on his phone, me dancing...it's a normal day in our lives.

 



Next up: Our Bridal Party joins us for some fun on the bridge!

No comments: