We had out of town bags to fill. Everyone who came into town and spent the night received an out of town bag from us. We filled them with tins full of hershey kisses (in blue and orange wrappers, of course), microwave popcorn, water bottles, gummi bears, chips and maps of the area.
We had a few days of dropping off the bags since we had guests coming in on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It was more difficult than we had first imagined because our guests weren't just staying at hotels. They were staying at 'for rent by owner' condos, hotels, personal homes and condos they rented from St James. A bit of a cluster at first, but we finally got a good spreadsheet written up with info on who was staying where, how they rented and when they were checking in. Phew!
On Thursday, Mom, Dan and I went to the printer to see if we could get some programs printed. Hello, last minute idea. Enter cluster #2. We stood around in the printer's office for HOURS waiting for the two people working there to try to get the programs to look just right. It was taking forever, I was getting cranky because I honestly thought they were ugly and I knew we had tons of other things to do. Oh, and I was hungry. That never helps cranky. Finally the proof was printed and it looked ...ok, so Mom let us go.
Dan and I drove to Wilmington to pick up our linens and chocolates. Now we're getting somewhere. We picked up our beautiful sea-blue tablecloths and orange napkins. Those were all Mom's ideas. Our venue provides these but she wanted to add a little more color. I'm so glad we did! Once we had the linens, we picked up the chocolate favors. While we were there, the shop owner must have sensed our stress and gave us both whatever we wanted from the shelves for free. Oh yes, thank you.
Yum-tastic favors
Back home, have linens, chocolates, tags for favors and ugly programs. What to do next?
- Fold napkins
- Attach tags to favors
- Attach favors to napkins
- Cry over ugly programs (yes, I admit it. I cried over our ugly programs)
- Drink alcohol
There was a lot of that last bullet point going on... Thankfully my best friend and Maid of Honor Lauren and her husband showed up sometime in the middle of all of this. That helped. We put Steve to work with my Mom on napkin/favor duty and Lauren and I sat down to stare at the programs to try to figure out what the heck to do with them. We started by poking holes in them and running ribbon through them...I wasn't buying it. We had done a few, though so we actually did end up using those in the front rows of the chapel.
Finally, we figured it out. Guess who's idea it was in the end? Steve's. He said, "We brought that Cricut all the way from Maryland, we might as well use it! Thus, the programs ended up with starfish on them. Thank you, Steve, for saving me from more tears and everyone else from more wrath. :)
I went to bed around 11:30 that night and when I woke up, all of the programs magically had starfish on them. Thank you, Lauren and Steve!!!
Photo by Elizabeth Scott Photography
Finally, we figured it out. Guess who's idea it was in the end? Steve's. He said, "We brought that Cricut all the way from Maryland, we might as well use it! Thus, the programs ended up with starfish on them. Thank you, Steve, for saving me from more tears and everyone else from more wrath. :)
I went to bed around 11:30 that night and when I woke up, all of the programs magically had starfish on them. Thank you, Lauren and Steve!!!
Photo by Elizabeth Scott Photography
One of my absolute favorite things - our favors wrapped around napkins.
The favors were a mix of toffee topped with a white chocolate shell, white chocolate shells and white chocolate starfish. The notes attached to them said a little thank you to our guests and had the name of the shop where we got the favors, The Carolina Candy Company. They were even more awesome than I had expected!!
Next up: Friday - Rehearsal and Party!





No comments:
Post a Comment