Yup, I tweeted, blogged and facebooked that info. A week later, this is what we woke up to:
Just look at that description - Sunny, Nice!
Oh, ABC11, you don't know how happy you just made me!!
John, Shellie, Kevin
Dad, Drew
John, Kevin, Shellie, John, Sandy
Same as above with another John.
We sure did have a lot of John's at our wedding....
While golf was going on, the men were busy, so we headed off to the salon. My friend Christy came over since her husband was part of the golfing crowd. Christy, Lauren, Mom and I headed over to the salon to get hair and make-up done.
MOH Lauren
My friend Christy, who decided to spend the morning with us. How awesome is that??
Mom's just waiting for her turn. Unfortunately the fantastic pictures I took of Mom's "Flock of Seagulls" look before she was complete somehow ended up becoming corrupt. Hmmm...
One minor meltdown occurred while we were all getting prettified - different instructions were given out to someone who doesn't do well w/change. I had my phone on me. Guess who got a freaked out phone call wondering what the heck is going on? So, there was some time at the salon that was a bit stressful (we were wishing we had booze) but we got through it. The best way to get through a freak-out? Open a gift from a certain someone that just happens to be your very first pair of diamond earrings!! (squeeee)
After hair and make-up, Lauren and I headed over to the Members Club to talk with Brandee to finalize the look of the room (gave her full reign to do whatever she wanted) and Christy and Mom went to the chapel to finalize decorations there. We FINALLY got back to the house to get some food and alcohol into us. Mimosa time!
At 2pm on the dot, Leslie and Matt arrived. We sent Matt off to hang out with Dan and Tom while Leslie took the "getting ready" photos. Getting ready photos do seem to be a newer thing in the bridal world - within the past 5? 10? years or so it's gotten more popular. I am so glad I did it. I sent all of my pictures to my Gram who couldn't be at the wedding and she LOVED seeing every minute from putting on the dress, the shoes and the accessories to the rest of the day. Definitely worth having a photographer there when you're getting yourself dressed for the big day.
I love Thickers!
One thing is for sure. I was in.love. with my dress. This dress disaster definitely happened for a reason.
And then, once I was fully dressed and ready to go meet my groom, my Dad saw me. This is the face of one happy man. I think that statement was quoted many times that night. He was so happy to finally have me married to Dan!!
Phew. By now, we're running late (Dan and Matt have been hanging out at the bridge twiddling their thumbs) and we're trying to figure out which car is going to take me to the bridge for the First Look. Dad and Lauren hopped in the car, pushed the seats back and made room for 'the dress.' She wasn't huge but still she took up a lot of room in the back!! Dad drove us over and Lauren took off to pin on Dan's boutonniere and then came back to help me out of the car without getting dirty (there was no point to that as I'll discuss later...)
Poor Matt, trying to find things to do while he waits for us.
Why not take more pictures of Dan? :)
"You're running how late?"
Ummm....Dan apparently spends a lot of time on his phone...
Ohhh that's right, that was him, calling me, trying to figure out where we were!!!
Hahaha...ooops.
Thanks Lauren!!
Check this guy out. All ready to see his bride.
Photos down from earrings by: Elizabeth Scott Photography





















No comments:
Post a Comment